On July 1, Earlimart released Hymn and Her, their sixth full length album.
Musically, the songs fall solidly into the indie pop genre (because isn’t indie really more of a genre, at this point). However, the combined voices of co-leaders Aaron Espinoza and Ariana Murray have a whispery and sometimes haunting effect when blended together. This serves to add a little dark to the otherwise upbeat rhythms.
They’re traveling around the country right now in support of their new album, and I’m hoping to see them when in Chicago (why did it have to be Chicago…?).
Here’s the schedule:
- Jul 25 2008 Triple Rock Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Jul 26 2008 Reckless Records ***IN-STORE*** (Wicker Park location) Chicago, Illinois
- Jul 26 2008 Hideout Chicago, Illinois
- Jul 29 2008 Sound Fix ***IN-STORE*** Brooklyn, New York
- Jul 30 2008 Middle East Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Jul 31 2008 Brooklyn Masonic Temple Brooklyn, New York
- Aug 1 2008 Johnny Brenda’s Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Aug 2 2008 Ottobar Baltimore, Maryland
- Aug 5 2008 Waterloo Records ***IN-STORE*** Austin, Texas
- Aug 5 2008 The Mowhawk Austin, Texas
- Aug 9 2008 Detroit Bar Costa Mesa, California
Here’s “Song for,” a song from the new album, performed at Amoeba Records.