For longer than a month, I’ve had a set of 4 tickets to see Of Montreal in Milwaukee last Sunday night. Unfortunately, the plans changed for my daughter’s birthday party, and I was unable to attend Of Montreal.
However, my friend went to the show and said it was fantastic. I hit him on gchat to ask him what I missed. This is what he wrote:
– cardinal (priest) with a nun putting stilletos on him and massaging
his feed while he condemns a giraffe with a thumbs down
– kills himself by OD. then gun. (maybe be some others?). then
hangs himself. They actually do put him on a gallows and kick out the
stool while he has not only the rope around his neck but also
something attached to his back.
– roller skater (guy, right?) with shaved legs and a bra
– “skin suits” from a couple of pairs. one with some pubic hair.
– a fist fight
– wild west scene with a poker game and shoot out.
– war scene with fatigues
– “giant man” where one person comes out with a big head. two others
with one giant arm each and other two have legs. joined in center
– pose-able people are positioned (in “compromising” positions, of course)
– bring him out in a coffin covered in shaving cream (?)
– with very red lighting going on stage they appear to be rubbing oil
all over him. with the next song there is a lighting change and you
realize they painted him red.
– there’s the main stage. on the left side of it there are two levels
– 1 with keyboard (etc) player – top with a drum kit. on the right
side there is only a top level (another drum kit). the middle has a
screen that they change/setup behind before revolving it.
– he’s basically naked for 3/4 of the show.
– cover Teen Spirit
– 3x screens at back/top of stage with images, clips, etc going